Social Innovation Leaders Wanted!
M.A.D.E. is looking for interns who are passionate about solving critical social justice problems and providing opportunities for the formerly incarcerated and their families to thrive. This is an unpaid part-time opportunity.
What You’ll Do
Work on projects in various areas like:
FAIR CHANCE HIRING ADVOCACY—Support initiatives to raise awareness for Fair Chance Hiring. Connect with policymakers, academic thought leaders, and companies to push Fair Chance Hiring forward. WORKFORCE INCLUSION—Be a part of increasing the number of formerly-incarcerated individuals in the workforce with job fairs, suit drives, training programs, interview prep, and more.
AT-RISK YOUTH PREVENTION—Assist in expanding M.A.D.E.’s at-risk youth component with mentorship, school-based programs, and extracurricular activities.
SOCIAL IMPACT INVESTING—Work to build M.A.D.E.’s first social impact investment project from the ground up.
MULTIMEDIA STORYTELLING—Be involved in helping the formerly incarcerated share their stories through M.A.D.E. Stories, a multimedia narrative series, and other documentary-style projects.
What We’re Looking For:
- Undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply.
- Interest and/or experience in social justice; areas in which M.A.D.E. works are preferred but not necessary
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and self-motivated with the ability to think outside the box
- Possess and/or have an interest in developing any of the following skills:
– Event planning/management
– CRM/data management and Data analytics/infographics [skills/experience required]
– Office administration
– Public policy and advocacy [skills/experience required]
– Digital media (film, photography, social media, storytelling) [skills/experience required]
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in social justice and an M.A.D.E. project area(s) to: email@example.com